I suggest you ...

Multi-vendor should automatically pay out to vendors instead of keeping track manually

When an order comes in for 3 separate vendors, the 3 vendors should automatically get paid. One option might be to give each vendor the ability to add their own payment processor. This is to avoid the administrator from having to do payouts manually and then manually updating CS-Cart to let it know. If it did this, I'd purchase the Multi-vendor software, but without this it's really not worth the high price.

392 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

45 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

I had the first stage of separate vendor checkout developed as an add-on by the CS Cart team.
    It basically allow separate checkout using vendor's payment methods.
    I can also apply specific commissions on transactions going through vendor's method of payments (rather than store admin's). It will be visible in coming days on widdil.com.
    I am willing to share the code to recoup the development costs. Please make reasonable offers.

I am also asking for a second development which is the automated invoicing and billing of vendors for commissions accrued when using vendor's method of payment. That could also be collectively financed, provided you are not operating on my company's main market (BtoB goods and services).

Please let me know at contact@widdil.com

• Donald commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am interested in getting together with others to fund this as an add-on. Is anyone interested? I've been in touch with Azat Zinnyurov and he tells me it will require a minimum of $1250 USD (though it might be more depending on the spec we give). I know it might be in the next version coming out later this year but we might be able to bump things ahead for those who want it as an add-on in the mean time. So let's chat and get this going.

• paul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you pay out immediately to the vendor and they dont deliver the product then isnt the store owner liable for chargebacks?
    I would like to see the vendor at least confirm the product has been shipped before payments are auto-released.
    I like the idea of auto-releasing payments but there needs to be some way to take account of fees due on payments.

• misi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

fantastic idea, I really need this in multi vendor edition 3.0.5 it will save time

• Imran commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You could have a separate checkout for each vendor. Although it causes some hassles customers could checkout individually for each. The cart page could just provide a list of all the stores and their products in the cart with a checkout button.

• ShowStuff commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, this is a much-needed functionality of CS-Cart. However, I hope the automated vendor payout feature does NOT require each vendor to have a PayPal Pro account ($30/month USD for each vendor). There is an addon available now with this requirement but my site's vendors would not be able to afford that cost.

• Bryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I cant wait to see this functionality implemented, I need to setup my site like yesterday.
    "I was told by someone at CS-Cart that this may be available in January 2013. Nothing official though."

• Jerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It would also be helpful if all associated paypal fees could be taken out of the vendor's payout. I've heard that paypal adaptive can take fees from both the commission and the vendor's share.

• camerojo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was told by someone at CS-Cart that this may be available in January 2013. Nothing official though.

• Jerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any word on when this will be added to the current features? I actually assumed that this was the way CS-Cart worked already. So right now the site owner gets paid and then has to manually pay the store owners? Wow, that could get ugly. Does anyone have any experience with doing it manually like this?

Ideally, we should be able to add a paypal adaptive payments account to accept the payments. When a purchase is made, the CS-Cart will calculate the site admin's preset commission, and send off to paypal adaptive to be disbursed to site admin (commission) and store owner (sale - commission).

This is the feature that is stopping me from buying cs-cart multi-vendor.

This cannot be called multi-vendor if it does not have this feature.

Also please make it so that the vendors get paid directly without paying the site admin first.

The vendors should be given a choice of which payment gateway they want to use.

Yep, this system looks good. Web based, apart from it missing this feature. I would purchase today. We need split payments function.

• Jordan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Completely agree, this is needed. Will not be purchasing until this is added, I am already busy with other things, don't want to check the admin every 10 minutes to do payouts.

• Егор commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Тоже считаю, что данная идея очень полезна. Но должен оставаться выбор, либо vendor принимает условия оплаты, по умолчанию, через администратора сайта, либо создаёт свой собственный вариант оплаты, или выбирает варианты оплаты из списка существующих, например через webmoney, qiwi или др.

• William commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is the single option keeping me from purchasing this software currently.

• ophelie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I am looking for a software where sellers are directly paid. Because in France the one who get paid is the seller , then he must collect VAT. If we give back then the money to vendors, he has to pay the VAT again. I am not sure to buy it because of this. I have to check the law if there is a way to do an other way...

Feedback and Knowledge Base