How can we improve CS-Cart?

Add category import/export

There should be the ability to import and export categories like you can products. When importing categories, any new categories would be created or existing categories would be updated with the current information which should include category name, description, metadata, SEO name, user groups and all other information relevant to categories.

77 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
jobosalesjobosales shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dmytro LazarchukDmytro Lazarchuk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you need import categories from the another shopping cart to cs-cart you can use online service, called cart2cart http://goo.gl/KIuN6. It can move products, customers and even order history easily and quickly. I used when I migrated and I think this is the best way to start using cs-cart.

• jan ymacpjan ymacp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need.
    - Clone Categories
    - Bulk secondary categories ADD rather than REPLACE for the
    [Update Products >>Apply values to all the selected products] function.
    - Clone Shipping Methods.
    - Clone Global Options.
    - Bulk Clone Global Options ADD for the
    [Update Products >>Apply values to all the selected products] function.

All this would make Admin so much more efficient.

• KenKen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this is much need for big stores with lots of categories. Otherwise its a pain to do it from phpmyadmin, and there's not any info about it either. In case of a server crash or moving a site from xampp exporting categories is essential

• stoneystoney commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, This whole Category Management side of Admin needs the BUS fixed and functionality improved.

• NoelNoel commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this. Also include cat / sub-cat / sub-sub-cat / sub-sub-sub-cat etc etc fields to enter additional product images.
    Or make EasyPopulate comaptible with Cs-Cart, whichever is the easiest!

Feedback and Knowledge Base