Product options variants/combinations total import
Product options variants modifiers import is needed badly by the community. It's been around since year 2009 in the forum. That CS-Cart have already made this mod for some customers, but it doesn't work for the latest versions (namely, 2.1.4 MVE). It will save months and years of life to everyone, who needs to import a lot of items with product options variants modifiers. Please include in the mod two more features:
1) import Forbidden Combinations and Options Combinations;
2) import Extra data in Variants: image and description;
Released in 4.3.1: Product options variants/combinations total import
Take also a look at this feature: https://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/134344-cs-cart/suggestions/7237046-structure-product-options-like-ebay-amazon-and-go
And when app. is 4.3.1 planned to be released?
Will it be possible to set the final price of $xx for particular combination not using +- modifiers?
Nice to see this request has the status of 'Started'! very happy about it
Since we have now spent considerable time trying to import data from our ERP system into CS-Cart, I would like to give some extra tips/requests:
1. The import/export functionality w.r.t. Products should cover ALL fields. All product-related fields in CS-Cart should be able to be imported & exported. Currently there are just far to many fields missing.
2. The import engine should provide more info when an import is not 100% successful. Just saying that 'x lines were skipped' is not enough. It should tell us which lines/products were skipped during import. Saves a lot of time
3. When exporting Products in multiple languages, the ProductCode & Id are only shown on the first language data row. Which means (after making changes in Excel) that we have to add these unique identifiers by hand to the other language-data rows before being able to re-import into CS-Cart. Please make sure that these 2 crucial fields are filled with every language during export
4. Exporting of Options. In the export file this is 1 field but can be quite long & complicated to read outside CS-Cart (Excel, for example). Is it not possible to 'explode' this into multiple fields? For both Export & Import. It would make it much easier to prepare Option data outside CS-Cart . The same problem exists for Features by the way.
Thank you for reading
I agree that it wil useful that you can use product code as an ID. We want to sync our inventory system with cs cart but it cant because they areusing our GS1 Barcodes as unique id nr.
Božidar Dokl commented
For anybody, who wants to do real business with cs-cart, this is badly needed. We have more than 3000 product options and imagine, how much time it takes, to add manually pictures and alternate descriptions
i think it could be really useful any kind of field mapping on importing. It would make easier to import products form another software. Maybe i have missed the right option to do this (if so, please tell me how). An example of this: http://docs.woothemes.com/document/product-csv-import-suite-importing-products/
Is this still under review given the number of versions ahead since this post was made?
Import options make products using xml
We too are in need of this ASAP.
I need this module more than othe! Product variations!
Whatever option variants you can manually set while in Admin, e.g. cost modifier, weight modifier, status, and extras should be importable via .csv.
Of course this needs to work with Version 2.2.4 PROFESSIONAL as well.
Need to be able to import:
1. Active or Disabled
2. Price variants
Please share your modifications and changes!
It sounds great!!!
THIS IS THE WORST PROCESS EVER!
WHY ON EARTH DOES IT HAVE THE INTERNAL CS-CART PRODUCT ID"S??? 25775
Why can't we use our own product code as the first column?
This entire component needs improving so that you can import everything - easily!!!!
Importing options is impossible, you cannot possibly type both the product options AND the product combinations columns / fields as it is too complex a process!!!!
PLEASE IMPROVE THIS FEATURE!!!
Are there any alternative products that can do this better? Any hacks or modifications to fix their code???
Remiz Rahnas commented
Major flaw. Thats right. It should have some tracking option like UPC or SKU as well with Options
It would be good also to be able to save some specifics to product options like sku / upc, stock status and things like that.
+ import tags as well
Dmitry Shagorakov commented
We have an auto inventory setup that integrates directly into the cart. First it checks the SKU against the products, then it checks the SKU against the product options.
They want a nice manual way to do it as well. I was going to implement this soon:
(Select Advanced->SubGrid, though Master Detail is also nice)