How can we improve CS-Cart?

Absolute Product Option Variant/Combination Price

In the Product Option Variants you have the modifier where you can set a modifier to + or - an amount. Please add another box for absolute amount that admin can input a direct price.

101 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
brians34brians34 shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
PartyParty shared a merged idea: Fixed Price for Product Modifiers (options)  ·   · 
alek-uaalek-ua shared a merged idea: Set the price for each combination of product  ·   · 
AndrewAndrew shared a merged idea: Product with options (variant) + article and the price  ·   · 

16 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • GusMGusM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This should be a default feature in CS Cart, and should have been in they're 2 years ago.

• OlofOlof commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

First: I agree 100%. Surprised to see that this suggestion is now almost 4.5 years old...
    Second: This is a good example for the need for full product functionality for each product variant. And why the current Option/Option combination structure is not working. See this idea which suggest a more architectural solution:
    http://cscart.uservoice.com/forums/134344-cs-cart/suggestions/7237046-structure-product-options-like-ebay-amazon-and-go

• GalatatzoGalatatzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would make life much easier, it could also be combined with the other idea "Add 'list price' to options variants" for a complete product option overhaul allowing quick and accurate option price entries and correct calculation of the product discount.

• PartyParty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I vote for it as well.

- It will be more convenient for administrators to specify fixed price in modifiers field, rather than perform unnecessary calculation. It will save a lot of time and will reduce errors.

- In front-end: price may be displayed in product options without plus sign (+).

• NeoNNeoN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Из-за этого глобального недочёта параметры товаров бесполезны!

Because of this lack product options are useless and unusable!
    +100500

• ilibilib commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. That's good idea to give each variant its own price and list price. For example:
    - I have a few T-shirts in stock and I want to offer them for better price. Only those: Red/Small - 2 pieces, Green/Large - 5, and Black/Medium - 1 piece
    - Another example when it is extremely useful is when I import products from Yandex.market product feed, where each Offer is individually priced

Think also about the weight, that also could be different for each variant and not always it is possibly to describe it using modifiers

But I would give to modifiers higher priority, so if modifiers are defined, then price is calculated as it is now. If modifiers are not given any values, then use variant prices (and possibly weight)

• alek-uaalek-ua commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

EXAMPLE

Product added to Option 1, Option 2, Option 3, Option 4

For all options are set modifiers prices.

For product set combinations of these options:

Option 1 - Option 2 - Option 3
    Option 1 - Option 3
    Option 3 - Option 4

If the buyer chooses a Combination 1 + Option 4, then consider the price Combinations 1 + prices modifier Option 4.

If the buyer chooses a Combination 2 + Option 2 + Option 4, then consider the price Combinations 2 + two modifier prices Option 2 and 4.

If there is no combination of options (such as combination of 1) the price is not set, then for the products is established for the absence of the price (Contact us for a price) or the price = 0 if allowed to add product to cart with price = 0.

Still need to add two fields in the import parameter combinations: the price and CODE.

• Energetic NutritionEnergetic Nutrition commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think the person is asking to have a field to enter the actual price of an option vs the modified amount. If the main product sells for $20.33, and an option sells for $27.50, it is easier to just enter $27.50 instead of subtracting $20.33 from it to get the $7.17 increase in price. We know the price of a product, it seems to be a hassle to have to calculate the difference to enter that. I'd like to see both options so it fits the needs of more people:

1. The option of modifying the price, such as $2 more for the next size up

or

2. And the option to enter the actual full price instead of a modifier

• shopsshops commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More explanation? You mean an amount that overrides all other options modifier amounts?

Feedback and Knowledge Base