CS-Cart

How can we improve CS-Cart?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Store credit card info in customer profile

CS-Cart needs to allow stores to turn off and on the ability for customers to store credit card information for future purchases. Version 2 used to allow this and then it was taken away for PCI compliance. But the stores should be able to decide if they want this on or off. It really hurts usability to need to re-enter your credit card info for every order, especially on mobile! Can you imagine if Amazon required users to re-enter their cc info for every order?! I can't think of one major ecommerce site that doesn't allow a user to store…

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Marketplace Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Email Cart Content to a Friend

Allow a user to email the contents of his cart to one or more people. I use this feature all the times on sites like Newegg when somone wants me to configure up a PC for them.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Marketplace Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. CLICKY WEB ANALYTICS Add-on alternative or complementary to Google Analytics Add-on

CLICKY WEB ANALYTICS Add-on alternative or complementary to Google Analytics Add-on

Why? CLICKY is the better !

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Store Import Advanced

Add the ability to choose in the import screen which tables to update and which not. The method with the uncommenting the tables in the table_replacement.php is not so good!

What would also make it even more friendlier is to have objects to update like, Customers, orders, products, categories, images, posts, blog

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  UI improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Custom fields for products, options, email, accounts

Custom fields could make CS-Cart much more versatile. We would be able to add any custom field to products or product options. For example a barcode field, or any field that is specific to our requirements. The field could be backend only or also for front end. Or we could easily add a new field to outgoing emails, or require our customers to fill in a field that we want to have. For example: VAT number or company registration number. The possibilities are endless.
    Optimally there would be several types of custom fields: single text line, multiple text line, radio…

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Acrhitecture  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. select first instock product option if first option is out of stock

If a product has many options, and the first one is out of stock, then when the customer first goes to the page, they will simply see out of stock and might not realize that another option might be in stock. It would be much better for the first option that was in stock to be selected by default.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. webgistix integration

Webgistix is a fullfilment house with offices all around the world.

They are integrated with all other major shopping carts, just not CS-CART (yet!)

They have extensive documentation and it would be great to support them!

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shippings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Abandoned Cart Reminder

It would be nice if we could email customers with abandoned carts after x number of days. It's kind of creepy, but it may also increase sales. Eddie Bauer does this.

See this forums thread for details:
    http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=20295

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Cryptocurrencies are the future - please add Dogecoin, Litecoin. Bitcoin support!

Decentralized and unregulated currencies are great for the consumer and the seller alike. Add this feature and I am sure I can get a lot of the 70000+ members on our subreddit at http://www.reddit.com/r/dogecoin to support this shopping cart!

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. add save report as PDF feature

add save report as PDF feature

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. bulk image upload (additional pictures)

not one by one with adding new field for upload using "+", but upload pictures in bulk, like mass file copy

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. bPAY as payment method (AUSTRALIA)

bpay is the largest bill payment service in Australia. It is backed by the major banks and is only available to big business.

Integration of bPAY would require invoice numbers or customer id's to be MOD10 with a check digit for proper integration.

I would love to see bPAY integrated!

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Have an addon which enables us to modify all Page Titles

There should be an addon which should enable the user to change all Page Titles (Product page titles, category page titles, manufacturer page titles) at once. To elaborate OsCommerce had such an addon called Header Tags SEO
    http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5851
    It was brilliant and i had used it. After shifting to CS-Cart i miss this addon as this would allow us to update all tags in a matter of seconds.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Marketplace Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Multilanguage tag cloud

"Tags" is a foundamental addon, but it doesn't support multilanguage, this is obviously absolutely necessary

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Random Filling for Blocks

Would love to have the option to select RANDOM Filling for Featured Items Block. This way my home page changes items on every visit.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow downloadable products to add more than 1 quantity for licenses

We need the ability to enable more than 1 qty for items that are purchases by a license. I have a product that allows multiple licenses per order but cs-cart (3.0.1) doesn't allow this. Also a new table for associated details for each qty would be a great addition to this framework!

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Have a step-by-step (in order) guide of the most common "have to's" to get a new installation up and live with just the basic settings.

This one is pretty simple I think for the CS guys to do. Create a step-by-step guide to set up your store and get it live with the basic settings.

For example:

Set up company name, contact, e-mail etc.
    Set up Locations/Localizations
    Set up Shipping/Methods
    Set up Taxes
    Set up payment gateways
    Add categories
    Add Products
    Go Live!

This is something for a newbie, because many of us don't need to customize much, we just want it to function "out of the box". But frankly the knowledge base has articles spread over all the versions and there is no clear…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  CS Community & Infrastructure  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Amazon Export/Import Integration

I know this has been posted before but only the Ebay side was sorted out and Amazon was never done.
    It would be great to upload store items to amazon and for the stock levels to be real time. This would save so much time and it would prove to be a great asset to cs-cart.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Google Website Tools Integration

These features are must to track the customers' behaviors and to understand how effective our marketing tools are.Easy for integration too.
    1.Field for "google adwords feedback code"
    ,2. Field for "google analytics code(ssl open,close)"
    3. Field for "google verify code"

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Product Expiration and CountDown

It would be wonderful if you make this, to make people have less chances to take the decision.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Marketplace Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base