CS-Cart

How can we improve CS-Cart?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Record order status changes with date

I'd like to see the orders status chages date avaiable inside the order description.

Today it's only possible to see it on the log.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ask a question about this product

This should be on the tabs section & if a potential customer wants more info, They send you a direct e mail with the product title in the subject line.

Currently have this on a zen cart store & i get a lot of enquiries this way.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SHIPPING METHODS: Add Parcelforce

Please add a shipping method for Parcelforce

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Display "3-5 Day Delivery" as well as "In Stock" & "Out of Stock"

I would like to add products that i have access to but do not want to stock....

I saw this on another site & think its a great idea..

http://www.dun-bri.com/search/hella%20/page_16

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Marketplace Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Western Union, Moneygram payment methods

I think it would be great to be able to accept WU and Moneygram payments.

On the final stage of checkout (and in the emailed receipt) the user will be given the FIRSTNAME, LASTNAME, AMOUNT, CURRENCY, COUNTRY to send the money to.

Once sent, they input the MCTN or Reference number on anohter page to notify the merchant. This would be a great feature!

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. True Dimensional Shipping Charge Calculation - Product Specific - Multi-Product - Multi-Box

Dimensional Shipping is currently handled by one global box setting in Shipping Methods. This does not allow for stores that ship items in different size boxes. The box dimension setting in product details is only used to determine number of boxes based on qty but the box size used for real-time shipping calculation (as I confirmed with CS-Cart support) is still the dimensions in Shipping Method settings, not the product detail box dimensions. This is EXTREMELY troublesome. In addition, CS-Cart does not allow for combining different items into boxes as Big Commerce and many other vendors do. Here's how they…

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Shippings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Intregation with OpenERP

Can be insteresting integrate this CS-Cart Pro with OpenErp Software.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Marketplace Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Order notes system (native)

Following an idea developped as an addon by Snow Rocket, I think it would be quite easy to integrate in order details a new tab called "Order Notes".

Which purpose ? :

Order notes tab should allow to post comments by admin users only to track and record any actions related the order.

On the tab Order Note should appear in brackets (X) the number of posts and get in bold if something new has been posted.

Purpose :
    Improve client's order tracking. For example :
    - a client has called to follow its order. The phone recipient should note…

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. make option for left-side menu to look like in this shop: traektoria.ru

when I enter sub-category in left menu - I see sub-categories list in left menu
    see how menu work on this site: traektoria.ru

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Quick Order: Multi-item order by SKU

Please provide a multi-item order form where the customer can enter SKU and quantity.

See discussion at:
    http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=1609

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Marketplace Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Better integration of Product Features (search and sort)

Product features should be much better integrated into the overall browsing experience:

- Clicking on a product features on the product details page should link to a listing of all other products with that feature value

- When searching in the main search bar or quick search, product features should be included in the found results

- You should be able to create a "sort by" that will sort based on a product feature (so we can do "sort by manufacturer", "sort by artist name" etc..)

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Bongo Checkout Solution - Guarantees Against Fraud

Bongo Checkout simplifies the way U.S. retailers conduct cross border e-commerce. Checkout automatically presents your products in foreign currencies to international visitors by detecting the IP address. The language presented is based on the visitor's browser settings. This solution eliminates all of the headaches associated with international order processing, including landed cost calculation, international shipping, credit card fraud and customs compliance. Checkout causes no change to current operational processes while increasing site profitability, without any risk of fraud.

29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sponsorship: Invite a friend and get a reward.

Enable CS-Cart to manage sponsorship for visitors.

For example, if i invite one of my friend to the website i can get rewards like points or gift voucher.

100% of our customers (we're an agency) asks for this.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. ability to add new Carrier

It should be possible to easily add a new carrier. The carrier system is of no use to cs cart owners that do not use the standard carriers.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Unique Product Codes should be Mandatory

Product Codes should be mandatory and should have to be unique. This is because even though you may think you don't need them, they will come in handy later on down the track if you ever need to Import/Export Product Data using CSV files. This is because the Product Code acts as the Primary Key when Importing data.

Either that, or the Product ID field should act as the Primary Key and should be exported when you export the product table.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Header Tags SEO (CS-Cart Edition) - Add-on

An automatic meta tag generation Add-on. For more information, check plugin below:
    http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/5851

I switch from os-commerce to cs-cart.com and notice why ranking dropped because of the meta information on each page.

With this plugin, CS-Cart can elevate its seo functionality whole lot and reduce a lot of manual works for new website owners. SEO is very important! It is what helps brings more traffic from the search engine. No TRAFFIC = NO Money .

Therefore, CS-Cart please focus on an add-on like this. Many users will definitely purchase the professional edition right away if this add-on is in place.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Product Subscriptions

Allow customers to 'subscribe' to tangable products. This is great for consumables that need to be 'topped up' on a regular basis.

This could include, vitamins, cosmetics, sports supplements, beauty products etc

We could discount a product if it is 'subscribed to' and allow the customer to define how often to reship.

Weekly, Monthly, bi-monthly, quarterly and so forth.

This allows repeat business without the user having to make any input on an ongoing basis.

The customer can cancel the sub in their account login.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add global options admin name in addition to display name

Please add the ability to give global options an Admin name separate from the name displayed in the storefront (e.g., Admin name = Shirt colors and Admin Name = Pant colors would both have the display name "Color")

Please see this thread for discussion:
    http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=16736

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Specify default User Group that automatically gets assigned to all new registrations

We really need the ability to specify a User Group that can be automatically assigned to all new registrations.

I'm seeing this being requested in many different forms of requests, dating back to 2008.

The problem is that "Registered" currently includes ALL User Groups you may have defined, so there's no way to do something such as hide products from one of my User Groups, without also hiding it from all my Registered users as well.

I looked for this as an existing request to simply add my vote for it, but found many other requests essentially asking for this…

26 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. currency rate at placed orders should be static in DB

Weird behaviour when using additional currencies...

Base currency is EUR and customer uses USD currency. The item is 100EUR so their order/invoice shows a price of $150USD, the currency rate is 1.5.

But when I change the rate to 1.4, his past 'completed' order/invoices will change the price to 107 EUR ($150USD divide by 1.4). This is incorrect because he paid 100 EUR and not 107 EUR.

All placed orders and invoices should be have fixed amount at moment of placing that order.

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base