How can we improve CS-Cart?

Add 'list price' to options variants

Please add the ability to specify the list price for an option variant and then use that price to properly calculate discounts in the storefront.

Please see the following threads for discussion:
http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=15619
http://forum.cs-cart.com/showthread.php?t=16920

103 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jobosalesAdminjobosales (Admin, CS-Cart) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • salvagsalvag commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I fully support this idea and am surprised it has not been implemented yet!

• GalatatzoGalatatzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be willing to join a group to pay for this as a custom project. I have had to remove the list price on many products as customers have questioned why there is a big difference on discounts between product options.

I think a simple list price product option variant field would be the best solution. There would then be two options to configure the prices.

1. Set a prodcut price and list price and add product option increases of both price and list price.
        2. Leave the price and list price blank and use the product option to specify actual price and list price.

The discount would then be calculated on the modified list price.

Discounts and list prices would be correct.

• Energetic NutritionEnergetic Nutrition commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I contacted CS-Cart about this. They said this request will NOT be in version 3.1. I consider this to be an absolutely necessary change, as currently the system alters the List Price of products with options in an accurate way. To explain it more:

I have two products with these prices:

#1 Selling price $20, List price $32.50
        #2 Selling price $30, List price $46.50

#1 is the main product. To add #2 I create an option and the price modifier is $10. There is no option to modify the List price.

What happens is that the List price is also increased by $10, so for product #2 the list price is shown as $42.50. That is obviously wrong, and it also gives an inaccurate discount percentage.

How this has been a request for 2 years and CS-Cart has ignored this, I can't imagine. I can only guess that they don't understand what the concern is.

The concern is that I want to show the accurate list price of my product, and show the actual discount savings to my customers.

Really too bad that this is not going to be in version 3.1. Anyone done a fix for this?

Feedback and Knowledge Base