How can we improve CS-Cart?

Ability for profit calculation and reports on sales!

1. Each Product will have a cost entry.
2. Each Order will have a shipping cost entry.
3. Total Profit on Order will be displayed in order details.
4. When the cost of the product changes the previous sales will not change. They will stay the same according to how much the cost was when it was sold.
5. Reporting for the Profits

315 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
akmarketakmarket shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
FaisalFaisal shared a merged idea: Account balance  ·   · 
tonycoffeytonycoffey shared a merged idea: add cost to store to caculate the selling price and quantity selling price?  ·   · 
P JensenP Jensen shared a merged idea: Cost Price  ·   · 
MichaelMichael shared a merged idea: Price cost and profits  ·   · 
ziatiaziatia shared a merged idea: Admin Product Price  ·   · 

20 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • imacAdminimac (Admin, CS-Cart) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Description from merged idea: https://cscart.uservoice.com/admin/forums/134344-cs-cart/suggestions/3429646-cost-price

In my country when filling out the tax report, we have to report the value of all the products we have in stock by the end of each year. This would be a lot easyer if CS Cart had a field for Cost Price. I recently came to CS Cart from Interspire shopping cart, and they always had a field for Cost Price.
    You could then export all the products to a cvs-file and you would have Cost Price and Number of products in stock and you could calculate the value of your entire stock in minutes instead of counting everything up manually.
    Cost Price is also great for calculating the profit you make for each individual product.
    Guessing i have to count my entire warehouse be hand this year, but hopefully some of you vote for this so it is integrated in CS Cart by tax return next year.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah this needs to happen already. Ridiculous this feature is not included. What kind of store can run without being able input the cost of the item vs what it sold for? That's a basic necessity needed to be successful after all.

• Ivan YeohIvan Yeoh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jim, can you share which 3rd party addon that you tried, and what is not working properly? Thanks.

• JimJim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We tried one 3rd add on that was supposed to something similar to this but sadly it did not work properly. LOVE the idea and can see where this would be beneficial for a quick look at each individual order.

• GalatatzoGalatatzo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A simple solution is not the answer! To correctly calculate profit the unit landed cost needs to be calculated and updated for each product order from the supplier. On a supplier invoice there could be transport costs, import costs, global discounts which all need to be calculated. Products might be sourced from different suppliers and prices change. How will it calculate products already in stock at one price when a new order arrives at a different price!! I think this should handled by a proper inventory program such as Inflow and a data sharing addon would be a better solution.

• GuestGuest commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A buy price is also usefull it should be hard to do and at least I can see how much I can discount items without opening up programs

• NoudNoud commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And it would be great to generate a Yearly sales report of all sold items. For the tax I need to be able to generate this list with the cost price of all products. I am running a store now that can do this. Before I make the decision to transfer to CS-cart I would like to see this option build in.

• Nikolai TsekovNikolai Tsekov commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Part of that was available in earlier versions but then it also needs rights management - no need my employees to see my profits...

• fawzifawzi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agree here!
    always seeking for such option
    List Price:
    Retail Price:
    Supplier Price:

• pdivipdivi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Even just item #1 (a product cost field) would be a huge improvement. Right now, the QuickBooks export assumes COGS=0 on every product fr lack of any cost field, which will mess up your accounting for sure. Time to work with real data.

• GizmoDaddyGizmoDaddy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like a very obvious field that CS-Cart has somehow overlooked. What better way to keep a CS-Cart store owner happy than to quickly see how much profit he/she made on an order. We should also have a field to enter the cost of shipping for each order to get a better idea of the profit margin.

• RockaliciousRockalicious commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes very good idea, I was looking for something like this too, add a cost entry to product options plus ability to view the sales profit. This will save me alot of extra work!

Feedback and Knowledge Base