How can we improve CS-Cart?

Store Email Management

There is a huge need for better control of all communications/emails sent from the store. We need the ability to have our own footer as well as header on all emails including choosing which header/footer to use for a particular type of email. An email center/tab in admin to manage and create emails, attach them to processes such as order status etc.

496 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Yvonne WalkerYvonne Walker shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • parodius420parodius420 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also an option to have your inbox show that the customer that has sent you the email, show his name or email. I get probably 50+ emails a day, and I had to have a mod made for this, because every email I received showed it coming from MyWebsite.com (my real website address, not the one to the left) instead of from John Smith. MUCH easier to find things this way, so you do not have to search through 50 emails trying to find the one you were needing to reply to.

• Chris RaynerChris Rayner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this really still under review? Must admit, had I known I couldn't adjust the emails sent I would never have bought cs-cart - it's a mission critical. The emails being sent have no sole let alone warmth.

• NaMoNaMo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Well this has been posted on Mar12, 2010 and I wonder why it is still under review since last 4 years. Without an doubt it should be included and also it should give the admin the access to modify the current emails which are being sent to the user; say on the account creation, account approval etc.
    Thus having the opportunity to edit the email from within the dashboard instead of modifying the tpl files would make it more user-friendly.

• Simon NainkinSimon Nainkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You should also be able to add and send specified emails to store events like:

a user has not visited the site in a while - 30 days
    a user has not made a purchase in more than 60 days

etc......

All part of good CRM...... store owners must be able to configure and specify which emails are attached to which events in the store...

• Simon NainkinSimon Nainkin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is extremely important - better CRM of customers using more automated emailers for specific actions...

Reminder emails for wishlists, update emails for gift registry(events), automated marketing email based on customer purchase behavior

• meme commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Comments and Reviews addon is very lacking on all areas. Its so poor that we no longer bother using it except for Order Communications. We have integrated Disqus for store front content but still are stuck with this limited Order Communications function.
    It needs to be like a "cut-down" ticketing system that allows customers to reply to email comms with the content updated on the ordes page automatically, without logging in to the store.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add to this an earlier less voted for suggestion that email address can be verified by e.mailing a link. I Wouldn't want to lose customers who are about to order, but neither do I want to ship product to people who are using credit card payments and give wrong contact details - maybe process the order to completion, then email the verification e.mail with an order summary which requests the recepient to click to confirm.

• winmonayewinmonaye commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree. I think email template should be easily editable with WYSWYG editor using variables of all the possible information.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@jobosales
    I dont see "shippments" anywhere in Admin>settings>general ? what version was it intr'd?

• Lakha SuvaLakha Suva commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Friend,

Is there a way to edit the order complete notification email templates for vendor and admin once user placed a order?

Regards,
    IndiaPhpExpert.com

• WeiWei commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

total agreed!
    also make sense to use variables in the email template, such as customer name, shipping address, tracking number, etc, etc,

• quicksilver1024quicksilver1024 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Store owners should be able to assign different email templates to orders with different statuses (new order, shipped, refunded etc)

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Simple, Just "include" a preformatted html file on the server <include source="

• jobosalesAdminjobosales (Admin, CS-Cart) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

amandoblasco-

You have the option to send a tracking information email if you use "shipments" (enabled in General settings). However, it would be better if the tarcking number was a clickable link to the tracking service.

• amandoblascoamandoblasco commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, Invoices are different than Orders and we need to have this the sooner as possible. Tracking number notifications by email, etc...

Feedback and Knowledge Base