Deal of the day MOD
The ""Daily deal" promotion" modification.
1. We will expand the functionality of the 'Promotions' module in this addon.
2. We will add the ability to set the "Daily deal product" condition in the "Conditions" tab on the catalog promotion details page.
3. After selecting the "Daily deal product" condition it will be possible to select a product and a day of the week.
4. The ability to add several products to the "Daily deal" promotion
5. The promotion will work for the specified product in the certain day of the week.
6. This condition will be available only for catalog promotions.
7. We will add the ability to create a block with the "Daily deal" content. It will display all products discounted by the "Daily deal product" promotion condition today with their thumbnail images, names, regular prices and discounted prices in a standard CS-Cart design. Products will be gathered in sections by different promotions. After clicking on either an image or a name a customer will be redirected to the product details page.
8. The "Daily deal" block will also display a clock for each promotion section that will count down the time that is left for the promotion. Basically that would be a 24 hours clock that would go from 24.00 to 0.00.
We are looking for people to get together to make this modification happen. Follow this link to read more about this topic.
This functionality will not be added to the core of CS-Cart.
lol This Idea is posted on 2010 now its 2013? still not implemented? Why? this is a real best way for running many type of promotions.
It would be cool if you could set how long the deal of the day would last (date and time), might be a weekly deal. Or over a weekend.
Ants Luhala commented
Idea: we would like to use the "Daily deal" block as affiliate ad/banner.
As a reference, here is the Daily deal Magento offers: http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/Developers-inc/extension/5072/daily_deal
very agree with this
This Mod could rock if it uses features like they have in Groupon: time-sensitive, shows "you miss this sale" after a number of orders is reached, "subscribe here te get notified of our deals", etc...
I see this as a block option that we can place in the homepage or anywhere else...
What do you guys think?
Webgraphiq has released this mod:
Thank you to everyone supporting this modification. We are trying to streamline the process of CS Cart making this an added function to their cart.
If you are looking to increase unique visitors to your site and increase sales, we are accepting donations via this link:
If you would like more information concerning this mod, please visit this thread:
Please contribute feedback to the thread to address concerns that may not be already identified.
Thanks again everyone