How can we improve CS-Cart?

Cron Jobs

A section to create and manage cron jobs such as clearing cache, optimizing database, regenerating sitemap, etc...

361 votes
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
The ToolThe Tool shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cron job for creating a robust and detailed import/export of ALL product fields would be a great help. At this moment (july 2014) there is no robust way of linking ERP product data with CS-Cart

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What I think also should be in this add-on should be auto-mailer.
    for example if an order is placed and shipped the status will be automatically changed after X days to 'Review to customer'. Same with after X days if status is 'Open' change status to ''Order Remember".

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey, Jim
    At what place in CS backend, its already running..?

Can you please let me know. I will figure it out myself for my custom module, that will have to get the xml files in a timely manner.

Thanks
    Killer

• JimJim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, this would be great. An explanation of how it works would be a must too. There are other places to already do cron jobs in CS, but there doesn't seem to be any good documentation for beginners.

• asoxasox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is great ideea becouse i want to have this addon for optimize every day database and i want to set backup every week automatic and all mentenance service automatic

• UniDevUniDev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is zero documentation on CRON job configuration.

A page that says:

"Please enter the following CRON job into your control panel:
    php http://............................................../cs-cart-cronjob.php

and set frequency to ____ mins / hours / days"

Then within this page, you could configure individual schedules for:
    - Currency updates (YES!)
    - Logs and cache clearing
    - SQL Backup
    - SQL Optimisation
    - Template Backup
    - etc...

:)

PLEASE? PRETTY PLEASE?

• Torann MarksTorann Marks commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A Cron Job Manager would be a wonderful addon, with the ability to allow other addons to interface with it.

Say we had a currency addon, after installing it you would be allowed to add it to the 1 hour job, 2 hour job or whatever.

Of course this wouldn't be for a novice user.

• Lee Li PopLee Li Pop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not very easy to implement, because some hosting company do not have this Cron Job functionality. On the other hand, with a little learning, it is easy to setup a basic Cron Job.

In the 3 tasks listed by The Tool 2 can be made ​​by a basic Cron Job (Clearing cache and Optimizing database) and another by adding an addon to CS-Cart (Regenerating sitemap).

However, would it be better, in the Sitemap case, that this Sitemap could be generated each time as another classic page?

Of course, others Cron Jobs would be interesting to add to CS-Cart.

• AndrewAndrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If your server doesnt have that built in you should find another host.

• ogiaogia commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just curious - can most people not set up cron jobs on their server? (It's super easy for me ...)

Feedback and Knowledge Base