How can we improve CS-Cart?

Improve Shipper Tracking Logic

# Improve logic processing in shipping email.- Ability to create new carrier -> Send automated email including shipping address and tracking number.
Customized message dependent on carrier.

161 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JesseLeeStringerJesseLeeStringer shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • 2A Firearms2A Firearms commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For the love of god, please add clickable tracking numbers to the emails sent out on shipped items! How hard can this be???

• TonyTony commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a must have, I have just joined CS Cart and I can't believe how much it is behind other providers, Have I made a mistake paying out all this money, I don't even understand how to set up UK shipping with Royal Mail, can anyone help please...

• Mike UKMike UK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just purchased and cant beleve it is so hard to add a tracking Number to an order
        Be a good improvement or addon

• SallySally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A complete improvement on shipping system should be integrated with the possibility to :
        - give an estimation date of arrival
        - improve customer's easy of tracking parcel with a button in Orders view at each expedition line.
        - To customise indeed automated email with tracking number and link depending on the carrier. (a template based system like for order status with variable insertion system : such as $ETA, $Shipping Method, Carrier, Tracking URL, tracking Number and Shipped elements in the parcel).

• Florian43Florian43 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

An improved shipping management should be great to include a tracking link directly into client's email.

• tulantulan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah and also shipping methods being used for one "location" even if you have defined many "locations". currently if you have defined 2 "locations", one for domestic and another for rest of world, the shipping method contains both locations and you need to specify cost for both. in the real world most postal and courier services have different rates and delivery times and weight limit for domestic and international delivery. for example, using royal mail's airmail, there is a limit of 2KG and can take over a week for delivery. whereas if you use royalmail domestic special delivery service the weight limit is 10kg and it takes 1 day delivery. hope this makes sense to cs-cart team.

Feedback and Knowledge Base